I always feel so spoiled on Mothers Day. This year our 14th wedding anniversary was on Friday, and Mothers day on Sunday. So that weekend I felt super duper spoiled. I got flowers, cards and hand made gifts from the kids, Lightroom 6 which I've been wanting forever. And my very favorite; a letter from Dustin. I love when he writes his feelings down (He doesn't like doing that, so its special when he does!) And, both my kids sang to me in church. It was Parkers first time singing in sacrament. It was awesome seeing both up there together.
I am supposed to be doing a ducky face along with the kids. This is the best I can do.
Memorial day we had a Benson family party; grilling and volleyball. We also visited some graves sites.
It was not until after both kids were born and named that we learned their great great grandmothers name was Ella Parker. (Dustins dads dads mother)
Dustin chose Neal as Parkers middle name. That is Dustin's middle name. When Dustin was just 6 days old, his Grandpa, Neal, came over and held Dustin for the first time. That night his grandpa had a heart attack and passed away. Dustin does not remember his grandpa, but has felt close to him throughout his life and I believe his grandpa has been his guardian angel. Neal is a very special name to our family and giving this name to Parker puts a lot of responsibility on him. But he is a special boy and will honor that name.
No comments:
Post a Comment