5th grade is over. Elementary school is over. I have been having super mixed emotions about this. I am a little sad that Ella is moving on. I like elementary school- its small. And close by. And they are so young. Next year everything is going to change. But, I am excited for Ella to take the next step and have new experiences.
Elementary school was definitely a success. She got perfect grades all her years, rocked the halls all her years, did some student council, and earned many awards. This last week Ella earned the Great American Award. At the very end of 4th grade she told me she wanted this award. So she got it. She was the first one in her class to get everything passed off. Kids these days do so much more than I ever did at that age. I tried learning the presidents with her, and I only remember up to 5 before I started forgetting. (So we remember, to earn this award you have to: Label all 50 states and capitals, write the pledge of allegiance in cursive, memorize all US presidents in order, memorize the Star spangled banner, memorize the oath of allegiance, memorize the preamble to the constitution, memorize the Gettysburg Address and know all 100 questions on the naturalization test. Phew.)
Also last week at Nova graduation, (Nurturing, Opportunites, Values and Accountability) Ella earned the Super Nova Award. There were 6 recipients in total chosen by the 5th grade teachers. These kids had to have passed off all requirements for Nova, and be a student that exemplifies and practices the teachings of Nova. These things include: Drugs and Alcohol awareness, making good decisions, self esteem, bullying, anger management and safe media. This award makes us super proud. Ella is a good example of making the right choices and avoiding bad decisions. She wants to be the best girl she can be and I am so happy that she was recognized for this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment