Her grandkids shared some memories at her funeral. This was mine...
"One of my most cherished memories of Grandma Hale was from
11 years ago. It was one of the happiest
days of my life; my wedding day. I
arrived at the temple a little early and had time to sit peacefully in the
bridal room. I was the only wedding that
morning so it was quiet and not many people were around. I remember sitting in my wedding dress and
temple clothes with 2 very special people;
my mom and my grandma. I remember
feeling so happy that I had them both by my side on this special day. That made a lasting impression on me. My grandma had lived her life in such a way
that allowed her to be sealed in the temple.
She then passed on her testimony to my mother, who also made the choice
to be sealed in the temple. The life my
mom led directed me on the right path for me to start my own eternal
family. I will always remember my
grandma Hale there by my side as I started that family and will be forever
grateful for the righteous life she lived."
Both my grandparents had a rock solid testimony of the Gospel. That is why I have the gospel in my life today. And I could ask for nothing greater. I thank them both for that blessing. I feel so much peace that they are together, they are happy and that they will be standing there waiting when the rest of us go home. I love you both.
No comments:
Post a Comment