I get really sentimental on Feb 17 and Oct 26. The day our babies were born. I like to go back and reminisce about the pregnancy, labor and delivery. I love looking at those pictures and reading in my journal about their birth story.
Today is Ella's 11th birthday. I went back on our older blog and looked at some pictures. Wow, Dustin and I were so young!
Looking at this picture I felt a bit of a pang in my heart. My one hour old first baby. How tiny. How sweet. How precious. This time is long gone. Forever. We know that this stage of our life is over.
And so this is a good, humble reminder, one of my very favorite quotes:
"Dont cry because it is over, Smile because it happened"
I have been truly blessed to be able to have experienced this not only once, but twice. Both times have been an incredible blessing from a loving Heavenly Father. I cherish both pregnancies, both labors, both births, both chances to raise these kids of ours.
Knowing this time is over- I don't cry because it's over. There are parts I miss, obviously. But it doesnt make me sad. It makes me smile; because it happened. I understand what a miracle it was to get these kids here. So I smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment