Saturday morning Dustin and I gave Ella a gift. I made her a bracelet and I wrote a letter to her. Dustin read her the letter and all of us were crying. Ella said this was the first time she had ever seen her dad cry. He had tears pouring down his cheeks. I loved seeing him show his feeling outright about his little girl...like he did when she was born.
Ella was baptized and confirmed by her dad. We had all of our family (except Jeff and Michelle) there with us. All the men who came were in the circle. Grandma Benson gave a short talk, Emily played the piano for us, and Grandma Alley gave the closing prayer. Both her grandpas were the witnesses. Ella had some friends and neighbors and her primary teacher come as well. We felt so loved and suppored! After the baptism we had bagels, fruit and dip and juice for brunch at our house.
Ella had to wait 2 extra months to get baptized. But....she made it and it was such a great day. While her dad was giving the confirmation blessing, Ella started to cry (and her dad again) Ella has always been super close to the spirit. She already has a testimony of the gospel. And it was awesome to witness her have the Holy Ghost given to her. We are so proud of Ella and so happy for her!

All of Ella's cousins came, and here are just a few of them!




No comments:
Post a Comment