"If you think my hands are full...you should see my heart"
There have been moments lately- happening quite often- when it feels like my heart is over flowing and it might just burst. I have been watching these 2 kiddos grow close together and begin a special bond. I could sit and watch them together for hours. It is so special for me to see.
One of the hardest parts for me to deal with when we struggled with infertility was that I could not give Ella a sibling. I wanted that for her more than anything and it tore my heart apart that it was out of our reach. So when I see her with her baby brother- I really dont have adequate words to describe how fulfilling that is. She is a little mommy in the making. She is kind, patient, playful and so sweet with Parker. She reads to him, teaches him shapes and colors and the alphabet. He is going to be so smart with her as a teacher. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Parker lights up when Ella is around.
Obivously my heart is still healing. I still feel a little twinge in my gut when others make their pregnancy annoucements or see a pregnant belly. I still have many feelings built up and kept inside that I have not let come up. I still feel a deep pain when loved ones experience the same heartache. However, even though my heart is different than it used to be.... it is completely full.
The Lord helped me to fill my heart during those hard years. He helped me to find joy in spite of our trials. He started to heal my heart long before we actually were blessed with Parker. That to me is one of the many miracles that I recieved during those years.
And now these 2 are together....I just can't believe it.....

No comments:
Post a Comment